Manhole Excavation Brace
TrenchTech, Inc. Manhole Excavation Braces, used in conjunction with appropriate sheeting, provide the active support necessary to secure safe excavations in less stable soils. Available in a wide variety of sizes and capacities, Manhole Braces are composed of modular sections for ease of assembly and transport.
Manhole Braces combine the benefits of aluminum hydraulic shoring with the ruggedness of steel box tubing in the most effective support system ever developed for shaft excavations. Specifically designed for shoring square and rectangular excavations, this perimeter support system provides for an unobstructed shaft, and is generally used to secure pits for pump stations, the installation or rehabilitation of manholes, tanks and vaults, or the operation of trenchless technology equipment.
Additional Standard Manhole Brace Features:
- 4-Way hydraulic support with high strength, telescoping steel tubing over-sleeves
- Non-rigid corner brackets
- Individual legs for on site assembly and easy transportation
- Quick connect pins and keepers
- Flexibility to fit square or rectangular excavations
- 4-Way hose bridal for simultaneous cylinder pressurization
- 4-corner lifting eye for installation and removal
- HVP-2000 high volume hand pump or HP-200 electric pump
- Easy to use release tools
Scenarios Using One Single Brace Assembly
- Type A soil; 25' x 25' x 16' deep using KD VI/8 sheeting 18' long (2' of toe)
- Type B soil; 30' x 30' x 12' deep using KD VI/8 sheeting 14' long (2' of toe)
- Type B soil; 20' x 20' x 18' deep using KD VI/8 sheeting 22' long (4' of toe)
- Type C soil; 20' x 20' x 15' deep using KD VI/8 sheeting 21' long (6' of toe)
View many more images in the TrenchTech, Inc. manhole excavation brace gallery.