Aluminum Trench Box - Build a Box
Modular Aluminum Trench Shield System is Hand assembled, Pick-up Truck Transportable
Build-A-Box can be used in a variety of ways:
- Repair Work
- Limited Access Areas Using a Backhoe
- Manhole Installation
Build a Box can also be combined/stacked with XLAP.
Various Panel Sizes Available.
- Standard sizes 5-ft and 7-ft
- Spliced panels available: 9-ft, 13-ft, 15-ft, etc., even up to 24-ft with additional engineering.
- Can be assembled in minutes to 2-sided, 3-sided or 4-sided shields. Flexibility of configurations allows for on-the-spot design changes to meet each job requirement.
Pick-up Truck Transportable.
- Complete units can be transported in pick-up truck or van making deliveries quick and easy.
Exclusive Corner End Post.
- Accommodates either adjustable struts or panels and allows for unlimited box designs.
Heavy Duty Adjustable Strut.
- Provides maximum versatility and strength.
- All panels are foam filled to prevent dirt and water build up.
Tongue and Groove Design.
- Provides for self alignment, simplifies assembly.
Fast and Easy Hand Assembly
- Complete unit stacks flat, minimizing storage and transportation problems.
- Most aluminum panels can be handled by one person.
- Panels are pinned to corner end posts.
- Panels are stacked to desired height.
- Versatility allows for T-connections.
- Optical barrier posts increase safety factor.
Lightweight 2 ft. High Modular Sections to 12 ft. Long to Suit Your Needs
- Sectional corner end post allows maximum flexibility
- Full length corner end post allows maximum pipe clearance
- Changes From 2-Sided to 3-Sided or 4-Sided Build-A-Box in minutes
- By removing adjustable struts from a 2-sided Build-A-Box and replacing them with modular panels, you can convert to a 3-sided or 4-sided shield in minutes.
1. Slide first panel into corner post and pin in place. Slide perpendicular panel into the corner posts and pin in place. Continue with as many panels as necessary to achieve desired height. Be sure to secure with pins and keepers.
2. Slide corner posts onto panels and pin in place. Be sure to secure with pins and keepers.
3. To complete the third side, slide panels into the corner posts and pin in place. Add corner posts onto the panel and pin in place. Be sure to secure with pins and keepers.
4a: To assemble last side, slide panels down into corner posts until desired height is achieved. Pin panels to corner posts. Be sure to secure with pins and keepers.
4b: Or, slide a pair of aluminum telescoping spreaders into corner posts and secure with pins and keepers. Note: At least two spreaders are required.
View many more images in the TrenchTech, Inc. project gallery.